- Data FocilMed May Collect
- How FocilMed Shares Your Information
- How You May Modify or Remove Your Data
- Opting Out of Receiving Emails and Notifications from FocilMed
- Security of Your Data
- International Users
- Do Not Track Signals
- Children under 13
- Information for Individuals in the EU
1. Data FocilMed May Collect
We collect two types of data and information from our users: Non-Personal Information and Personal Information.
- Non-Personal Information: One type of information is non-identifiable web usage information, such as information on areas of our website that you navigate (“Non-Personal Information”) which we collect through your use of the Service. Non-Personal Information that we collect includes information about your browser type, referring and exit pages and URLs, visit date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, the actions you performed, and other information about how you move around our website. Non-Personal Information may be collected using various technologies, such as web beacons and/or third party web analytic tools, to analyze website traffic. We aggregate Non-Personal Information to better understand how visitors use our webpages and to improve it.
- Personal Information: The second type of information we collect is individually identifiable information, which is data that includes personal identifiers like your name, email address, certain health data, internet protocol (IP) address, and other data that could reasonably be used to identify you (“Personal Information”).
FocilMed may collect Personal Information from you in any of the situations below:
- Email newsletters. FocilMed offers email newsletters to its registered users. We will use your email address to send you only the specific newsletter(s) that you signed up for. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving a newsletter, follow the procedures to unsubscribe at the bottom of any newsletter we send you.
- You contact FocilMed. If you contact FocilMed, we will use the contact information you provide, along with the content of your inquiry, so that we can assist you and improve the Service.
- Surveys and User Research. FocilMed conducts email and web-delivered surveys from time to time, to gather information about our users and sites. Taking these surveys and polls is entirely optional. You have no obligation to respond to them. We share only the aggregate results of these surveys, not Personal Information, with our partners to help them better understand our Service and monitor the reach of our webpages.
2. How FocilMed Shares Your Information
Personal Information. We share Personal Information we collect with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We share Personal Information with anyone with whom you voluntarily choose to share your Personal Information, including health care providers.
- We share Personal Information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoena or court order), or to respond to lawful governmental or public authority requests, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce our Terms of Service; and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FocilMed, its employees, or others, in all cases consistent with applicable law.
Non-Personal Information. We share Non-Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- FocilMed may anonymize Personal Information so that it no longer identifies you and may share it with third parties in a variety of ways, such as by providing reports containing aggregated data that does not identify you to our partners to help them better understand our Service and analyze the reach of our webpages.
3. How You May Modify or Remove Your Data
4. Opting Out of Receiving Emails and Notifications from FocilMed
You may opt out of receiving non-service-related communications, including email newsletters, as noted above, by unsubscribing from such communications. Regarding service-related communications from FocilMed for those who have registered to use the App or signed up for another FocilMed service, you may continue to receive such communications if FocilMed believes they are necessary for your use of the particular service.
5. Security of Your Data
FocilMed implements physical, technical, administrative and organizational security measures to maintain the security of your data and protect against unauthorized access. FocilMed provides privacy and security training to its employees who access Personal Information as part of their job function. FocilMed also ensures that third parties with whom it shares Personal Information agree to implement security measures similar to those used by FocilMed. Keep in mind that internet transmissions are never completely secure or error-free. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have signed up for a FocilMed service such as the App, never share your password to access such services, and notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached. Remember to logout of such services if you access them on a non-trusted device (for example, a public computer). We strongly urge you to employ security features, such as two-factor authentication, on any device or platform you use to access any aspect of FocilMed’s Service.
6. International Users
7. Do Not Track Signals
Although we would like to honor those browsers set with a “Do Not Track” signal, our websites do not currently respond to a such signals because an industry standard has not yet been established on how to respond to these signals.
8. Children Under 13
You must be 13 years of age or older to use any part of our Service. As our Service is not directed to persons under the age of 13, we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. If you are aware of any child under 13 sharing Personal Information through use of our Service, please contact us at [email protected].
9. Information for Individuals in the EU
- FocilMed is the “data controller” (the entity that determines the purposes and means of data processing) for the Personal Information you share through the Service. FocilMed can be contacted at [email protected].
- As described above, when you share your Personal Information, it is for the purposes of providing you with the Service, responding to your inquiries, and for the other purposes described above. The uses of your Personal Information are based upon: (i) your consent, when you choose to sign up or register for a FocilMed service; (ii) with respect to collection and use of your Personal Information to send you important service-related communications or to maintain network and information security, FocilMed’s legitimate interests; and (iii) FocilMed’s need to comply with legal obligations to which it is subject.
- As a data subject, you have the right to request from FocilMed access to, rectification of, erasure of, and/or restriction of processing of your Personal Information. You also have the right to object to further processing of your Personal Information and to request that your Personal Information be transferred to a third party. To exercise any of these rights, please contact FocilMed at [email protected].
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without such withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing that occurred before the withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, contact FocilMed at [email protected].
- FocilMed may transfer Personal Information to the United States. The United States is not deemed by the European Commission to have a legal regime providing for an adequate level of data protection (outside of the context of the Privacy Shield Framework).
- If you have a concern with the handling of your Personal Information, you may lodge a complaint with the applicable Data Protection Authority in the country in which you reside; however, FocilMed asks that you first contact us at [email protected] so that we may attempt to resolve your concern.
You can email us with any questions or comments at [email protected].